Updating forms due to law changes

Follow these helpful tips whenever an employee goes through a legal name change.

You’ll need to make sure that the affected employee has communicated the update with the Social Security Administration (SSA).

Getting this right matters, since withholding too few taxes might mean a big balance due when the employee files annual returns.

For example, if an employee went through onboarding with a false identity, but subsequently obtained legal status, the employee may request to regularize his or her Form I-9.

In these cases, the USCIS recommends that you fill out a new Form I-9, list the original hire date in Section 2, and attach the old form with a written explanation.

In case you need a refresher, the Form W-4 is a required part of the employee onboarding process.

The form determines how much federal income tax should be withheld from an employee’s paycheck.

Search for updating forms due to law changes:

updating forms due to law changes-35updating forms due to law changes-36updating forms due to law changes-85

If you filed a 1040X amended return, contact your school’s financial aid office to discuss whether it would be appropriate for the school to adjust the information on your FAFSA form.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

One thought on “updating forms due to law changes”

  1. You can pay money for premium features including Tinder Passport (the ability to swipe through matches elsewhere in the world, say, before a trip) and Rewind, for those times when you swipe left too hastily and immediately regret it. Bumble: Free Bumble is much like Tinder but with one key difference: only women can start the conversations after a match is made.